1. Describe how the author uses language techniques to develop a character in the written text. Explain how the techniques helped to create an emotional response in you.
2. Describe how the author uses language techniques to develop a character in the written text. Explain how this character helps you understand an important theme/idea in the novel.
Note: Techniques could include figures of speech, syntax, word-choice (Maori language, NZ place/animal/bird names), style, symbolism, structure, or narrative point-of-view.
- Choose your topic
- Organise your ideas
- Write draft
- Introduction – Outline your topic and the main ideas you will be discussing.
- – 4. Main paragraphs – at least three, with a SEXY structure. Include quotes to back up your main points.
5. Conclusion – round it all off.